For more serious illness and injuries you may go to the Accident and Emergency department at St Peter’s Hospital, Guildford Road, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 0PZ (telephone 01932 872000). This unit provides treatment for medical and surgical emergencies, and severe injuries. There is a special children’s casualty and a service for emergencies during pregnancy.
For emergencies such as loss of consciousness, collapse, severe chest pain, serious accidents or serious loss of blood you can call 999 for an ambulance.
If you would like advice, call NHS Direct on 0845 4647, for confidential healthcare advice and information, 24 hours a day.
If you have run out of your regular medication, you can get a small amount without a prescription by going to a pharmacist with your repeat prescription form or nearly empty medicine bottles.
For minor illness and injuries visit an NHS Walk-in Centre. No appointment is needed. Walk-in centres treat strains and sprains, coughs, colds and flu-like symptoms. Walk-in Centres are open from 7am until 7pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 3pm weekends and Bank Holidays. There are Walk-in Centres nearby:
- The NHS Walk-in Centre at Weybridge Hospital, 22 Church Street, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 8DY (01932 826013).
- Slough Walk-in Centre at Upton Hospital, Albert Street, Slough, SL1 2BJ (01753 635505).
For minor injuries you can also visit:
- Walton Hospital Minor Injuries Unit, Rodney Road, Walton-on-Thames, KT12 3LD (tel 01932 220060 ext 4209). This is open 9am to 7pm every day except Xmas day.
- For minor problems the NHS Walk In Centre at Ashford Hospital, London Road, Ashford, Middlesex, TW15 3AA (telephone 01784 884488) is open 24 hours. This unit does NOT provide treatment for surgical emergencies, severe injuries and children’s illnesses that need admission to hospital.
- Weybridge Hospital, 22 Church Street, Weybridge, Surrey (telephone 01932 826013 open 7pm-7am
For problems with teeth, mouth and gums telephone your usual dentist for an appointment or details of any out-of-hours service. If you are not registered with a dentist you can go to:
- Frimley Park Hospital, Portsmouth Road, Frimley, Camberley, Surrey, GU16 5UJ. Telephone 01276 604604. Open weekdays 6.30 to 8pm, Saturday, Sunday & Bank Holidays 9.00 to 10.30am, closed Xmas day.
- Woking Community Hospital Heathside Road, Woking, Surrey, GU22 7HS. Tel 01483 721546. Open Sunday & Bank Holidays 9.00 – 10.30 am except Xmas day.